WHAT THE FUNDRAISING
89: Boost Your GivingTuesday with a Three-Year-Old's Words of Affirmation with Emmie Erickson
“Anytime you try to literally create something from nothing and generate change and momentum from a place where it doesn’t exist, the mental process of going through that change yourself is relentless.”
– Estelle Giraud
In this episode of What the Fundraising Podcast…
Today’s episode of What the Fundraising is a conversation with Emmie Erickson, my 3-year-old daughter. For months Emmie has been asking me to ‘make a podcast’ and I decided that GivingTuesday would be a great time for Emmie to read you her favorite book – I Am: Book of Reminders by Juana Medina. There are affirmations inside this book that feel particularly important to remind you of this GivingTuesday. Plus, scientific studies demonstrate that we release all sorts of feel-good chemicals when we see or hear something cute — we’re wired to positively respond to cuteness. So, I hope this puts a smile on your face and if you need to practice the affirmations captured here, I highly recommend you listen multiple times and repeat after Emmie. Let’s boost those feel-good chemicals to help get you through this GivingTuesday, listen now to meet Emmie.
- Does your nonprofit need some TLC? Check out Neon One, the holistic donor management system that supports small and midsized nonprofits with tools for fundraising, communications, events, volunteers and more. You can learn about Neon One’s entire suite of products and services here.
- If you haven’t already, please visit our new What the Fundraising community forum. Check it out and join the conversation at this link.
- If you’re looking to raise more from the right funders, then you’ll want to check out my Power Partners Formula, a step-by-step approach to identifying the optimal partners for your organization. This free masterclass offers a great starting point!
- These Previous What the Fundraising Episodes Focus on Mental Wellness Topics:
- 🎧 Harnessing Your Inner Voice with Dr. Ethan Kross
- 🎧 How Emotions Are Made with Dr. Lisa Feldman Barrett
- 🎧 Nonprofit Healing Requires Community Healing with Rebekah Giacomantonio
- 🎧 The Truth About Self-Love, Healing, and the Path to Remembering Our Deepest Selves
- 🎧 How a Mindfulness Practice Builds Alignment with Libby DeLana
- 🎧 True Self Care:Tending to Community, Ancestry, and Our Nervous Systems with Gabriel Kram
TIPS AND TOOLS TO IMPLEMENT TODAY
Get to know Estelle:
Estelle is CEO and cofounder of Trellis Health, a company whose mission is to build smart, comprehensive health records, starting with pregnancy and new families. Long term the company is building the scaffold for a distributed, learning health data platform. Estelle, who is a scientist by training, previously held leadership positions at the biotech company Illumina.
Other episodes you would enjoy
I teach nonprofit fundraisers to bring in more gifts from the RIGHT donors… so they can stop hounding people for money. Fundraising doesn’t have to be uncomfortable.