WHAT THE FUNDRAISING
157: Boost Your Givingtuesday With a Four-year-old's Words of Affirmation With Emmie Erickson
In this episode of What the Fundraising Podcast…
In this heartwarming episode of “What the Fundraising,” Mallory invites her four-year-old daughter, Emmie Erickson, to share a special moment with the audience on GivingTuesday. Embracing the idea that cuteness releases feel-good chemicals, Mallory and Emmie present a delightful conversation filled with wisdom and positivity. They discuss the challenges fundraisers face on this crucial day, offering endearing advice and affirmations from a children’s book titled “It’s Okay to Make Mistakes” by Todd Parr.
Emmie’s innocent perspective provides a refreshing break for impact leaders and changemakers, reminding them to embrace bravery, give love, and find joy. This unique and heartening episode aims to boost spirits and spread smiles on a day when fundraisers could use some extra encouragement. So, tune in, let Emmie’s charm brighten your day, and receive a dose of inspiration and motivation to continue making a positive impact in the world. Happy Giving Tuesday!
- Does your nonprofit need some TLC? Check out Neon One, the holistic donor management system that supports small and midsized nonprofits with tools for fundraising, communications, events, volunteers and more. You can learn about Neon One’s entire suite of products and services here.
- If you haven’t already, please visit our new What the Fundraising community forum. Check it out and join the conversation at this link.
- If you’re looking to raise more from the right funders, then you’ll want to check out my Power Partners Formula, a step-by-step approach to identifying the optimal partners for your organization. This free masterclass offers a great starting point!
- These Previous What the Fundraising Episodes Focus on Mental Wellness Topics:
- 🎧 Harnessing Your Inner Voice with Dr. Ethan Kross
- 🎧 How Emotions Are Made with Dr. Lisa Feldman Barrett
- 🎧 Nonprofit Healing Requires Community Healing with Rebekah Giacomantonio
- 🎧 The Truth About Self-Love, Healing, and the Path to Remembering Our Deepest Selves
- 🎧 How a Mindfulness Practice Builds Alignment with Libby DeLana
- 🎧 True Self Care:Tending to Community, Ancestry, and Our Nervous Systems with Gabriel Kram
TIPS AND TOOLS TO IMPLEMENT TODAY
Get to know Estelle:
Estelle is CEO and cofounder of Trellis Health, a company whose mission is to build smart, comprehensive health records, starting with pregnancy and new families. Long term the company is building the scaffold for a distributed, learning health data platform. Estelle, who is a scientist by training, previously held leadership positions at the biotech company Illumina.
Other episodes you would enjoy
I teach nonprofit fundraisers to bring in more gifts from the RIGHT donors… so they can stop hounding people for money. Fundraising doesn’t have to be uncomfortable.