4 Fundraising Tips to Transform Your Fundraising
I sat down with the amazing team over at We Are For Good to help fundraisers launch 2021 strong. After the dumpster fire of 2020, when nonprofits pushed harder, did more, and raised more than ever before, it felt important to take a moment to recognize the heroic efforts and goal set for the year ahead.
In the episode we talk about:
- The importance of having awareness about how you’re feeling about fundraising (both generally and specific asks) because this is directly impacting the way you’re showing up to the work
- How to goal set in a way that both manages your budget appropriately AND sets a bold north star to drive you forward (i.e. how to set a conservative budget goal, and an audacious fundraising goal)
- How to better engage your board members and volunteers
- The Power Partner Formula – I give some behind the scene tips about how Power Partners support fundraisers like you to radically shift the way they think and feel about fundraising. To find out more – come watch How to Get in Front of the Right Donors WITHOUT Hounding Them.
- Shifting the culture of your organization so that you can try new things, fail, learn, and celebrate the ‘nos’ (because those are just as important – if not more important – than the yes’)
I also talk about my favorite mindset hacks that are the foundation for becoming the fundraiser you truly want to be.
You might think I’m a broken record but the true superpowers of fundraising are vulnerability and authenticity. And guess what, you can’t be authentic and perfect. So you have to choose to be an authentic fundraiser or a perfectionist. I might make you squirm in your chair with that last part but if you’re getting uncomfortable, it means you NEED to hear it.
I can’t wait for you to have a listen and tell me what you think!
And if you love this, then you want to watch this webinar on How to Get in Front of the Right Donors WITHOUT Hounding Them.